Fender Steve Bailey VI 6-String Fretless Bass Guitar
Playing the 6-string Fender Steve Bailey VI Fretless Bass puts you behind an electric bass backed by the success of Steve Bailey himself. Bailey is known as a player’s player, an instructional author with an impressive list of performing and recording credits—including Dizzy Gillespie, the Rippingtons, and Jethro Tull.
The Fender Steve Bailey Jazz Bass VI is a phenomenal vehicle for self-expression that offers you the opportunity to explore a virtually limitless tonal palette in the quest to define your own voice on the bass. From silky singing cello-like tones to the thundering bottom end that only a beautifully executed low “B” string can produce, this Fender bass guitar is one of the finest examples of the marriage of art and engineering.
The fretless Fender J-Bass has a select alder body and a quartersawn maple neck with an asymmetrical profile with a 9.5″ to 14″ compound-radius 2-octave ebony fingerboard. Other appointments include custom Fender bass pickups, 18-volt active electronics, an onboard mute switch, onboard active EQ, a heavy-duty fully adjustable Fender locking bridge and Bailey’s initials on the back of the headstock.
- Body: select alder
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: asymmetrical quartersawn maple
- Fingerboard: ebony with compound 9.5″ to 14″ radius
- Scale length: 34″
- Nut width: 2″
- Hardware: chrome
- Tuning keys: hipshot ultralite
- Bridge: locking CVM (Convertible Modular) bridge
- Pickguard: 4-ply brown shell
- Pickups: custom 6-string jazz bass pickups
- Pickup switching—blend knob with center detent
- Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Blend with detent, Bass boost/cut, Treble boost/cut, Mute switch
Musicians’ Friend: Fender Steve Bailey VI 6-String Fretless Bass Black