Steve Bailey Fretless Bass Lesson Part 2
Today we continue our blog coverage of Steve Bailey’s 2009 series of Fretless Bass instructional videos.
Part 2 continues where the first video leaves off, beginning from right in the middle of the Unit One portion. We already gave you a good explanation of what the series is, so let’s get right to the contents.
- Octave Exercise: With the drummer behind him, Bailey completes the exercise for octaves, with a sped up riff that should be good practice for keeping up that intonation.
- Comments about ear training: Steve discusses how to focus on really hearing waves and pitch in your playing, which is excellent advice.
- Fifths: Steve shows how to do fifths, often called double stops, while keeping tone in mind along the way.
- Neck Positions: Tips about how to maintain intonation as you move your hand up and down the neck.
- Neck Position / Fifths / Octaves Exercise: Focused on how to keep your tone under control as you shift your hand to different parts of the neck, while cleanly playing octaves and/or fifths along the way.
- Quick Jam with the drummer: To show you how to apply all of the above lessons.
The second video had some good points in it, but we are still looking at the basics at this point. Take a few minutes to watch the video below:http://fretlessbassguitarsite.com/2011/08/steve-bailey-fretless-bass-lesson-part-2/http://fretlessbassguitarsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Steve-Bailey-Fretless-Bass-2.jpghttp://fretlessbassguitarsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Steve-Bailey-Fretless-Bass-2-150x150.jpgHow-To'sVideofifths,fretless,how to,lesson,octaves,steve bailey,video